Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Disposable Campaign

Once upon a time, the guys and I wanted to play RPG. But I was saddled with the concern that if we get the campaign off the ground I would be left hanging again later due to poor attendances (this from the people who requested me to GM!?) I was hesitant because every time I get to GM, I usually do an extensive preparation and research before I consult the players of what characters they want; of course the type of game has already been agreed upon. My friend Marc posed the challenge to keep everything simple and be able to throw it away at a moments notice, just in case people don't attend regularly or not attend at all.

So how do you do it? The concept was simple really, get concepts or ideas that you are already very familiar with - enough for you to generate the adventure - and run from there. Prep time is shorter to almost none compared to starting one from scratch. Anyway that's it for now, I've hit empty. I hope to be able to post more after I'm done with work.

No comments: